lifeblood: listlogs: 2006-05a


=========================================================================
date:         mon, 1 may 2006 03:48:06 +0000
reply-to:     tom xxxxx <getula@hotmail.com>
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         tom xxxxx <getula@hotmail.com>
subject:      re: new notes from amy (29 apr)
in-reply-to:  <a2f83c0c0604291806g707e0d7anf0646a061f666e27@mail.gmail.com>
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; format=flowed

i'm so excited they are working with matt chamberlain. i've seen him play
with tori amos a few times, and he is a drummer god! it sounds like this
record is coming easy for them. i'm already excited!

tom m.

"can you mr. bush light the sage"
--- tori amos, "indian summer"


>from: spike <indigokare@gmail.com>
>reply-to: spike <indigokare@gmail.com>
>to: indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org
>subject: new notes from amy (29 apr)
>date: sat, 29 apr 2006 18:06:30 -0700
>
>hey everyone!
>
>well we started the record and it's going great. we are really happy with
>our situation.
>
>we're working out in santa monica in a small home studio with killer gear,
>everything we could ever need. except for a bad case of homesickness, i am
>sitting pretty.
>
>our producer, mitchell froom is finding the cross pollination between emily
>and i, and lending his cool musicality to our songs and arrangements.
>mitchell has done some classic records, my favorite being cibo mato- viva!
>la woman. his discography is long and impressive, from suzanne vega to
>crowded house to los lobos.
>
>the engineer, david boucher is originally a georgia boy, which put us right
>at ease. he's been working with mitchell for a long time and their process
>is exciting and keeps us on our toes. david is super gifted at finding the
>heart of the sound. his mixes are already great to listen to. this record
>is
>gonna be a quick one, with recording and mixing all in the same place.
>
>the drummer this go round is matt chamberlain. we are lucky to be playing
>with him. how about this for a glance at his discography; he has played
>with
>tori amos, keith urban, macy gray, kanye west, garbage, fiona apple, and
>sara evans, and that's just some of em.
>
>clare kenny is putting on the low end and she is as indispensable as ever.
>carol isaac is coming out in a few weeks to add some of her magic on keys
>and whatever else she is inspired to do.
>
>that's the cast of characters. we're trying to stay true to the songs and
>not overload em with junk. i am going to be keeping everyone out there up
>on
>our progress with little video up dates. sullie filmed this first one and i
>put it together with help from the ol' imovie. in this footage we are
>working on the arrangements and tracking for two of emily's songs- "run"
>and
>"lay my head down"
>
>our target finish date is may 31st; we'll see what happens...more later.
>
>aray
>4-29-06
>
>http://www.indigogirls.com/correspondence/2006/2006-04-29-a.html  <-----
>here is the link from the website.  y'all can watch the video here
>
>ok, i watched the videos she put up - why have i heard those two esal songs
>before?  soundcheck?  anyone else?
>
>--
>***
>"you tied a knot and you dared me, the stem of a cherry,
>to find my own humanity, and just let it breathe"
>~~ amy ray (solo)
>
>"i'm running to the end of the earth, and i'm swimming to the edge of the
>sea,
>and i'm laughing, i'm under a starry sky
>this world was meant for me, don't bury me carry me..."
>~~ amy ray (indigo girls)
>
>http://www.daemonrecords.com
>http://www.indigogirls.com
>***
>
>--
>for information about the news-only version of this list send
>this command to majordomo@smoe.org: info ig-news
>indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
>http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig

--
all listserv commands should be sent to listserv@lists.netspace.org.
to unsubscribe issue the command: signoff indigo-girls
for help write to indigo-girls-request@lists.netspace.org.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig
=========================================================================
date:         mon, 1 may 2006 21:51:45 -0400
reply-to:     "i am 32 flavors and then some..." <tisara@www.webworqs.com>
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         "i am 32 flavors and then some..." <tisara@www.webworqs.com>
subject:      birthdays (april 24th - may 7th, 2006)
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="bound1146534705"

this is a multi-part message in mime format.

--bound1146534705
content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

howdy!  oops i did it again - and all that good stuff!  but i'm having a catch up day all around so i can't leave you guys out :)

april 24
hoff@tusco.net (rhonda hoffmeyer)

april 24 ('57)
jdjones@earthlink.net (deb)

april 24 ('80)
grnpeace@fullnet.com (kate)

april 24 ('78)
skippeec@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu (elizabeth)
"if you were the last man on earth, i would swim across the ocean on a
rumor that screech from saved by the bell was spotted in japan." -from ellen

april 25 ('78)
ryan@ou.edu (ryan knight)
"every five years or so i look back on my life, and i have a good laugh..."

april 26
peachy706@aol.com (katie)

april 26 ('77)
ahill7o9@mwcgw.mwc.edu (anne hill)

april 27
tawaz@facstaff.eisc.edu (terese walz)
*shaming of the sun, april 29 1997

may 1 ('71)
markt@iinet.com.au (mark tovey)

may 4 ('75)
sac83826@saclink1.csus.edu (teresa c. esguerra)

may 4
indi5479@yahoo.com (sharon)

"three men in a desert wandering, one is knowing and two are scared.
they say time is in the river, oh but the river is not there.
dry in spirit, dry in body, two will lend themselves to death.
and in grief one weeps into his hands and drinks his bitter tears."


hope that the days past have been much fun, and that the ones to come are equally so.

happy birthdays!!!!!!!!


love,
audra
bge :)

--
all listserv commands should be sent to listserv@lists.netspace.org.
to unsubscribe issue the command: signoff indigo-girls
for help write to indigo-girls-request@lists.netspace.org.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig

--bound1146534705--
=========================================================================
date:         thu, 4 may 2006 02:24:04 -0400
reply-to:     indigotraveller@aol.com
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         indigotraveller@aol.com
subject:      re: new notes from amy (29 apr)
in-reply-to:  <bay101-f13491ec8d964fe53a74325c1b10@phx.gbl>
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
mime-version: 1.0

hmmnnn...  matt chamberlain.  is that jimmy chamberlain's brother?
(jimmy was the drummer from smashing pumpkins.  he was good.)  did matt
play with patty griffin?  i may have taken a walk with him at a radio
convention, once.

lauren

-----original message-----
from: tom xxxxx <getula@hotmail.com>
to: indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org
sent: mon, 1 may 2006 03:48:06 +0000
subject: re: new notes from amy (29 apr)

   i'm so excited they are working with matt chamberlain. i've seen him
play with tori amos a few times, and he is a drummer god! it sounds
like this record is coming easy for them. i'm already excited!

tom m.

"can you mr. bush light the sage"
--- tori amos, "indian summer"


>from: spike <indigokare@gmail.com>
>reply-to: spike <indigokare@gmail.com>
>to: indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org
>subject: new notes from amy (29 apr)
>date: sat, 29 apr 2006 18:06:30 -0700
>
>hey everyone!
>
  >well we started the record and it's going great. we are really happy
with
>our situation.
>
  >we're working out in santa monica in a small home studio with killer
gear,
  >everything we could ever need. except for a bad case of homesickness,
i am
>sitting pretty.
>
  >our producer, mitchell froom is finding the cross pollination between
emily
>and i, and lending his cool musicality to our songs and arrangements.
  >mitchell has done some classic records, my favorite being cibo mato-
viva!
  >la woman. his discography is long and impressive, from suzanne vega
to
>crowded house to los lobos.
>
  >the engineer, david boucher is originally a georgia boy, which put us
right
  >at ease. he's been working with mitchell for a long time and their
process
  >is exciting and keeps us on our toes. david is super gifted at
finding the
  >heart of the sound. his mixes are already great to listen to. this
record >is
  >gonna be a quick one, with recording and mixing all in the same
place.
>
  >the drummer this go round is matt chamberlain. we are lucky to be
playing
  >with him. how about this for a glance at his discography; he has
played >with
  >tori amos, keith urban, macy gray, kanye west, garbage, fiona apple,
and
>sara evans, and that's just some of em.
>
  >clare kenny is putting on the low end and she is as indispensable as
ever.
  >carol isaac is coming out in a few weeks to add some of her magic on
keys
>and whatever else she is inspired to do.
>
  >that's the cast of characters. we're trying to stay true to the songs
and
  >not overload em with junk. i am going to be keeping everyone out
there up >on
  >our progress with little video up dates. sullie filmed this first one
and i
>put it together with help from the ol' imovie. in this footage we are
  >working on the arrangements and tracking for two of emily's songs-
"run" >and
>"lay my head down"
>
  >our target finish date is may 31st; we'll see what happens...more
later.
>
>aray
>4-29-06
>
  >http://www.indigogirls.com/correspondence/2006/2006-04-29-a.html
<-----
>here is the link from the website. y'all can watch the video here
>
  >ok, i watched the videos she put up - why have i heard those two esal
songs
>before? soundcheck? anyone else?
>
>--
>***
>"you tied a knot and you dared me, the stem of a cherry,
>to find my own humanity, and just let it breathe"
>~~ amy ray (solo)
>
  >"i'm running to the end of the earth, and i'm swimming to the edge of
the
>sea,
>and i'm laughing, i'm under a starry sky
>this world was meant for me, don't bury me carry me..."
>~~ amy ray (indigo girls)
>
>http://www.daemonrecords.com
>http://www.indigogirls.com
>***
>
>--
>for information about the news-only version of this list send
>this command to majordomo@smoe.org: info ig-news
>indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
>http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig

--
all listserv commands should be sent to listserv@lists.netspace.org.
to unsubscribe issue the command: signoff indigo-girls
for help write to indigo-girls-request@lists.netspace.org.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig

--
for information about the news-only version of this list send
this command to majordomo@smoe.org: info ig-news
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig
=========================================================================
date:         thu, 4 may 2006 10:03:23 -0400
reply-to:     mike reynolds <mike@uppity-disability.net>
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         mike reynolds <mike@uppity-disability.net>
subject:      re: new notes from amy (29 apr)
x-to:         indigotraveller@aol.com
in-reply-to:  <8c83d5a7a10b05a-1d8-7b3@fwm-d31.sysops.aol.com>
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed

at 02:24 am 5/4/2006, indigotraveller@aol.com wrote:
>hmmnnn...  matt chamberlain.  is that jimmy chamberlain's brother?
>(jimmy was the drummer from smashing pumpkins.  he was good.)  did
>matt play with patty griffin?  i may have taken a walk with him at a
>radio convention, once.


matt was in guns and roses. i cant imagine them being related...at all

jimmy is good, matt is technically an incredible player too, he did
the drums for the tori album with "spark" on it...cant remember the title.

mike r.

--
please do not send excessive amounts of quoted text and/or nigc,
long signatures, attachments or flames to the list.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig
=========================================================================
date:         sat, 6 may 2006 19:45:15 edt
reply-to:     indigotraveller@aol.com
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         indigotraveller@aol.com
subject:      re: new notes from amy (29 apr)
x-to:         mike@uppity-disability.net
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit


ah, it's coming back to me now.  how embarrassing.  oh,  well.  happens some
times.  thanks for cluing me in.  some  days i think i'd win on vh-1's r&r
jeopardy.  other days...

lauren


at 02:24  am 5/4/2006, indigotraveller@aol.com wrote:
>hmmnnn...  matt  chamberlain.  is that jimmy chamberlain's brother?
>(jimmy was the  drummer from smashing pumpkins.  he was good.)  did
>matt  play with patty griffin?  i may have taken a walk with him at a
>radio convention, once.


matt was in guns and roses. i cant  imagine them being related...at all

jimmy is good, matt is technically  an incredible player too, he did
the drums for the tori album with "spark"  on it...cant remember the title.

mike r.

--
all listserv commands should be sent to listserv@lists.netspace.org.
to unsubscribe issue the command: signoff indigo-girls
for help write to indigo-girls-request@lists.netspace.org.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig
=========================================================================
date:         sun, 7 may 2006 14:39:46 -0400
reply-to:     don richards <donrich@neo.rr.com>
sender:       indigo girls mailing list <indigo-girls@lists.netspace.org>
from:         don richards <donrich@neo.rr.com>
subject:      re: new notes from amy (29 apr)
in-reply-to:  <402.1547f03.318e8f0b@aol.com>
mime-version: 1.0
content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

am i the only one that really really misses jerry marotta???

indigotraveller@aol.com wrote:
>
> ah, it's coming back to me now.  how embarrassing.  oh,  well.  happens some
> times.  thanks for cluing me in.  some  days i think i'd win on vh-1's r&r
> jeopardy.  other days...
>
> lauren
>
>
> at 02:24  am 5/4/2006, indigotraveller@aol.com wrote:
>
>>hmmnnn...  matt  chamberlain.  is that jimmy chamberlain's brother?
>>(jimmy was the  drummer from smashing pumpkins.  he was good.)  did
>>matt  play with patty griffin?  i may have taken a walk with him at a
>>radio convention, once.
>
>
>
> matt was in guns and roses. i cant  imagine them being related...at all
>
> jimmy is good, matt is technically  an incredible player too, he did
> the drums for the tori album with "spark"  on it...cant remember the title.
>
> mike r.


--


  --
                                        -- dr --  indigohio 2006

--
please do not send long non-indigo girls-related forwards to the list.
indigo girls faq and indigo girls mailing list faq:
http://www.pixelopolis.com/ig


home | appearances | articles | bootlegs | discography | fanzine | faq | fun | listlogs | official | socs | songs | videos | youtube